Friday, February 13, 2009

Sgt. Pepper? What're you doing here?

Valentine's day huh? I've always dismissed it as a platform for human insecurity (on that note, watch out for my thesis titled Love: Neediness and Weakness Exposed next fall 2010). Lovers rejoice while the companionless ones are reminded of their bitter loneliness. Sounds familiar and cliched? Haha I'm not complaining. Let the lovers celebrate their companionship. Let the loners wallow in solitary misery. The world's gonna end in 2012 anyway. So why fret? Of course, if love was truly the unconditional sentiment Mankind so passionately preaches, why would there be a need for just one day to celebrate it? Why the ridiculous expectations? And what's with the gigantenormously overpriced flowers and candy? I don't think kissing would ever be an option for me, what with my volatile digestive system being in the way. I might just barf in the poor girl's face. Oh, the hypothetical horror! Ahh, I could go on and on. And I mean it, I can really go on.

Hahaha, do I sound like a geezer living up in a musty old apartment with cats for company? Friends, if you are a believer of true love and the unbridled joy of blessed union Valentine's day brings, then you should know that my cynicism is not directed at you. Instead, it's directed at every girl who's ever rejected me. HAHAHAHAHAHA! Kidding, kidding. Geez...