While trying to pass the time through my insomnia, I took out my bible and got started on Revelation. I read the prologue, and then realised there's a hidden secret message from God! It's an anagram, and I think I've cracked it.
This is the passage:
The revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave him to show to his servants what must soon take place; and he made it known by sending his angel to his servant John, who bore witness to the word of God and to the testimony of Jesus Christ, even to all that he saw. Blessed is he who reads aloud the words of the prophecy, and blessed are those who hear, and who keep what is written therein; for the time is near.
This is the secret message:
God here. Forget religion! I'm going to eat your brains and turn you all into finger puppets. I am a republican. Vote for McCain. When McCain becomes President and dies, shoot Palin. When Obama takes over, shoot Hillary. Batman is awesome. Hamsters are Satan's pets. Kittens are demonic furballs. I like knitting.
That's using every letter from the passage, with only these left over:
VJHVWHHWHVJODDTOTHTSTSTVTOTHHEWHEDEWDSFHEODESEDREHEWHHDWHEWHTTTEHEEOTHEES